Photo

Video creation and editing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

nefarious

nefarious

Frozen pizza

Posted 06 April 2018 - 10:20 AM

I jumped off that bandwagon more than 10 years ago so I'm hopelessly outdated. Want to start up again, and so I hope anyone here can make me a few recommendations!

1. Editing software. Back in the day i used to mix a bit with using Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere, but for most daily work Windows Movie Makers was more than sufficient. Is there a similar alternative to Windows Moviemaker circulating today that anyone here wold recommend? Not too advanced, and good for fast and easy edits. I've tried Lightworks Free edition but didn't really find it comfortable to use.

2. I have control over most CSGO settings, i would hovever like to remove the killfeed in addition to the other HUD elements. Obviously because i don't want my name to be searchable, i have smurfs i hack with, but i also want to keep the names "secret".

3. Free music and artists sites are quite easy to find nowadays, but does anyone have anyone in particular to recommend?

Thanks in advance, and catch you on the flipside!

Be kind, always.

Rendl

Rendl

Posted 08 April 2018 - 03:35 PM

Hey nefarious,

you asked for some tips and tricks, here they are:

-This symbol: (*) is used to mark commands which are only available if you use HLAE!

I personally use the inbuild recording system (commands: "startmovie <name>";"endmovie"). How ever, since valve patched this method you have to use a cvar unlocker to make it working again. Therefore I recommend HLAE (Half-Life Advanced Effects), which is completely free to use. Visit https://www.advancedfx.org to download this extension.

To record with out lagging you need to use commands such as *"mirv_snd timescale 0", "host_timscale 0", *"mirv_fix playerAnimState 1". If the demo is still lagging jump back a round or two by using the demoui.

If you'd like to record your footage without any hud besides killfeed use the following commands: "crosshair 0"; "cl_draw_only_deathnotices 1".
In addition to that you can enhance the killfeed by using HLAE. It's to difficult to explain in a text and therefore I could create a tutorial if you'd like me to do so.

If you'd like to record your frags without any hud use "cl_drawhud 0". But remember: you wont see any scope overlays then...

Obviously you are going to change the framerate of your clips to create slowmotions and to sync your clips with music. Higher fps = higher quality and smoothness, aswell as bigger filesizes.
You can change the framerate with "host_framerate <value>".
E.g.: host_framerate 300 (my recommendation) -> recording 300 frames per second by using the inbuild recording system. You will get a bunch of .tga files which have to be converted to a video file.

You will need to use Virtualdub to create a videofile out of these pictures. Inside of Vdub you need to set the framerate to your <value>.

Afterwards you can use programs like After Effects / Vegas to edit your clips.

I personally use Vegas 15 to sync clips with music. Afterwards using After Effects to add colorcorrections and other effects.

If you and the community wish I could create a tutorial for everybody who is interested in learning how to record & edit cs:go clips.

I hope this will help you a bit.

Best of luck

Rendl.

*P.s.: Use common names to keep your profiles "secret".*

nefarious

nefarious

Frozen pizza

Posted 10 April 2018 - 07:36 AM

Thanks a lot for the tips!

Be kind, always.

Rendl

Rendl

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:27 PM

Add my discord if you have more questions.

RendlMedia