2 replies to this topic

Geumohee

Geumohee

Advanced Member

Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:38 PM

I.Basics

What is the Overwatch?

overwatch-download-evidence.jpg

CS GO Overwatch is a feature added by Valve that allows experienced players to judge demos of reported players and collaborate with the developers to find and punish  cheaters and griefers from the game.

If the investigators collectively agree that an offense has occurred, a ban will be issued.

How do investigators get selected?

Investigators are selected based on their CS:GO activity.

You have to be Gold Nova 1 with at least 150 wins and more than 300 hours of CS GO playtime.

Be aware, if you derank to Silver you will lose Overwatch system.

What evidence is available to the investigators?

Investigators are presented with a replay of a randomly selected eight-round segment from an accused player’s match, and their task is to determine whether or not that player has committed any offenses during that replay.

What are the charges and possible verdicts?

There are 4 distinct charges to be evaluated that cover the major forms of disruption.

Each charge has two possible verdicts, ‘Insufficient Evidence,’ and ‘Evident Beyond a Reasonable Doubt.’

715626overwatch.png

What happens at the end of a case?

For each charge, if the system determines that the investigators’ collective judgment converges on an overwhelming verdict, then the case will be closed and all decisions rendered on the case will determine the final verdict.

If the verdicts are overwhelmingly “Insufficient Evidence” or are inconclusive, the case will be thrown out.

II. Rewards or Sentences

Do I get feedback regarding the outcome of the reported player?

Yes. You will receive a message if the player you've reported has been VAC or Overwatch banned.

930573459276361previewreportsuccessfull.

And what if I was partying with a cheater? What will happen to me?
 No one likes to play against cheaters. But it seems that there are people that think playing with a cheater in their team is a good way to boost their rank, XP or skills with fast rate.pjsalt

983378459276361previewpartymemberbanned.

Partying with a cheater has downsides as well for which you will receive message and the following will happen :
1. You will lose XP
2. You will lose Competitive wins.
3. You will lose Profile rank.
4. You will lose Skill group.

What might happen to me if my case has been reviewed ?

There are two type of Overwatch bans:

• Minorly disruptive : This is a ban applied on griefers (intentionally ruining the game/Trollers).

R6Ef61N.png

• Majorly disruptive : Cheaters are permanently banned from the game.
sZ5LL0P.png

III. How to avoid it.

There are a lot of scenarios that you should avoid to do that can be considered griefing, to list a few :

• Friendly fire abuse
  • Flash bang spamming teammates 
  • Purposely dying to the other team
  • Blocking
  • Throwing the bomb in an unreachable position
  • Going AFK for the purpose of increasing playtime. 

Many of you can dodge overwatch verdicts for a long time by toggling off once the other team announces they suspect you to cheat. In this case, play less aggressive. Avoid to consistently perfect peek, consistently perfect wallbangs, consistently perfect push, consistently perfect nades as it is an obvious evidence for wallhacking.

Poor fundamentals combined with godlike plays can be evidence of cheating. How is the suspect playing in general? Do they have good crosshair placement? Or is their crosshair always terrible except the moment before they engage an enemy? 

Don't be afraid to die ! If you die, those overwatchers will still have doubts about your cheat use which will result in Insufficient proofs.

Let's hope this guide helps you to clearly understand how you should use your cheat to be safe... until detection by vac of your software.pjsalt  

IV. Some tips for your CS GO Overwatch investigations:

• The tickrate of a demo is by default on 32. Push the console and type the command tv_snapshotrate 64 and the demo will be viewed in 64 tickrate so it’s more fluid and more easy to judge.
  • You can toogle on or off your ability to see players through walls during investigation by pressing “x”.
  • If you find anyone blatantly cheating and you are 100% sure, you can press Shift+F2 and you will have access to a board that allows you to speed up the demo.
  • If you have any doubts, you can watch the demo again. Simply press “Postpone Judgement” on Overwatch Resolution and you can watch the demo again later.

If you found useful my guide, press 844240upvote.png at the bottom of the page.
All suggestions or additional informations are welcomes.

“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change.”
- Albert Einstein

Wigiee

Wigiee

Lifetime Member

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:04 PM

Didn't actually know about some of those useful commands in the last section, thanks!

Posted Image

Sobacloud

Sobacloud

Old time cheater

Posted 10 August 2016 - 12:05 AM

Even though I new all of this, pretty nice guide!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: overwatch, ban, vac